My Trip around the country in 2001 with Halley

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Graduation Party

The day of my graduation party, I began helping my mom get things together, took care of the keg and extra spill over beer and made sure reminder calls were sent to forgetful friends.  People started showing up, and soon the house was packed to a hilt, the only escape the light rain and the pool. I made sure to mingle and introduce Hill to guests since I was usually terrible at that, and because I was hoping she could talk it up and enjoy herself and not just myself.

Later that night, we opened up my gifts, and found a generous sum from family and friends to help me on my way around the country.  I was so happy to have all taken care of in that department. I had a car and a plan and I was set to go on my trip.  Just needed Sunday to get here and we were set.  Hill and I went outside to the gazebo with my brother’s friends, my friends and a neighborhood girl I had not seen in quite some time, Sarah. I had a crush on her way back in the day but nothing came of it.  She was also the person who first introduced me to Phish through her friend Janel.  Sometime in 8th grade I was at her place when her parents were out of town for the night and she was in charge of the house and her brothers. I heard Dinner and a Movie, David Bowie, and Contact and liked this band I was hearing.  Unfortunately, I didn’t focus on who they were and wound up not being into them until sophomore year of college.  So instead of seeing shows from 1990-91 on, I didn’t catch them till 1997.  Wasn’t meant to be until then I guess.

Later that night when we were fully lubricated, we went down to Tommy’s, the local watering hole.  I’m still not sure how we got there but I know Hill and I got pretty shitfaced doing shots and we had to walk back home a solid mile.  It wasn’t bad, just rough being that I was up all-day and drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment