My Trip around the country in 2001 with Halley

Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Night Before the Trip

The night before we left, I decided we should pack the car so I drove it into the garage and going through the mounds of stuff I decided to bring with me, I packed the hell out of that car.  Clothes and tent and chairs in the trunk, bags of stuff that was just taking up space, an entire bag for Halley, a small cooler of water, a TON of music and a small lockbox with tickets for the Disney/Universal parks and our Traveler’s checks.  Halley’s blanket went in the car, and when we weren’t looking, Halley went in the car. For 30 minutes before bed, we couldn't find Halley and we looked all around the house and outside for her. As it turns out, Halley was in the car with her blanket, waiting for us to go. This was one of those cute as hell moments where I laughed and then teared up, because she didn’t know we were leaving the next day, but I sure as hell wasn’t going to leave her behind.  We got her out of the car and got good nights sleep so we could be on the road by 10 and down to the Virginia Beach area for our first stop and to chill with my friend Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment